HEF raises funds and awards grants that engage our students, enhance core curriculum and energize our educators
Due Dates for Spring 2017 Grant Applications
- Monday, February 13, 5 pm — Grant Concept Form due in HEF office
- Tuesday and Wednesday, February 21 and 22 — applicants receive feedback re: Concept Forms
- Monday, March 13, 5 pm — All formal Grant Applications due in HEF office
- Monday and Tuesday, April 24 and 25– applicants contacted re: Grant approved or declined
Thanks for your interest! We rely on great proposals from Hopkins teachers, staff and (occasionally) student organizations to enable us to make a difference in Hopkins schools.
Twice each year, we review grant applications from teachers, staff and students. Funds are allocated to those projects that meet the criteria of our Grant Guidelines and best utilize our limited funds for the benefit of students. We give high priority to projects that propose innovative programs to enhance learning. Requests for technology devices previously deployed but in limited supply in the district generally will not be funded unless they also encompass an innovative curriculum or teaching approach.
How to Apply
Grant applications are typically due in mid October and mid March. We publish exact dates approximately 3 months before the deadline. Following are the steps to apply:
- Download and review the Grant Guidelines. Ensure your idea meets the guidelines. Discuss your idea with your supervisor also.
- Download and complete a Grant Concept Form (PDF) or Grant Concept Form (DOC) and submit it to the HEF office by the concept deadline. Completing a Grant Concept Form is optional but highly recommended. It allows you to briefly describe your project and receive feedback from the Grants Committee before you expend the effort to prepare a formal Grant Application.
- Download and complete a Grant Application (PDF) or Grant Application (DOC). Obtain a signature from your supervisor.
- Submit your completed grant application form to the HEF office by the deadline. NEW! If your grant has a technology component, we will include a technology approval as part of our review. You no longer need to submit technology-related grants differently.
HEF Grants Committee Chair
c/o Cindy Muzetras
1001 Highway 7, Suite 243
Hopkins, MN 55305